ADDRESSES OF INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS IN INDONESIA

Friday, July 16, 2010

Words Transformation ( Exercise 6 )


Jawaban Words Transformation ( Exercise 5 )

1. I’d love to go out tonight, but I have got a lot of homework. (wish)
I wish I could go out tonight, but I have got a lot of homework.

Anda juga dapat mengatakan :

I wish I was / were able to go out tonight, but I have got a lot of homework.

Related Grammar : Subjunctive


2. The police said Simon had stolen the money. (accused)
The police accused Simon of stealing (having stolen) the money.

accuse + of + verb-ing


3. You can borrow my toy car, but you must be careful with it. (long)
You can borrow my toy car as long as you are careful with it.

4. Abil offered Tati a lift to her office, but she didn’t accept it. (turned)
Tati turned down Abil’s offer of a lift to her office.

5. It’s very difficult to predict the weather here. (tends)
The weather tends to be unpredictable here.



Words Transformation ( Exercise 6 )

Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between two and five words.

1. Scientists believe that the Earth is getting warmer. (is)
It
……………………… the Earth is getting warmer.

2. The train is more expensive than the coach. (cheap)
The train ……………………… the coach.

3. You are too young to get married. (enough)
You are ……………………… get married.

4. I won’t go to the cinema without Lisa. (unless)
I won’t go to the cinema ……………………… too.

5. I don’t think you should go out tonight. (go)
You’d better ……………………… tonight.


Tulis jawaban anda di kolom koment. Bila latihan words transformation terlalu sulit, sebaiknya anda berlatih grammar lagi di website www.kursusdahsyat.com. Mulailah dari Grammar untuk Pemula, kemudian Tenses Lanjutan. Untuk yang ingin melihat Latihan Terjemah 1 - 12, klik : Latihan Terjemah.

Untuk melihat Words Transformation ( Exercise 1 ), klik : Words Transformation ( Exercise 1 ).
Untuk melihat Words Transformation ( Exercise 2 ), klik : Words Transformation ( Exercise 2 ).
Untuk melihat Words Transformation ( Exercise 3 ), klik : Words Transformation ( Exercise 3 ).
Untuk melihat Words Transformation ( Exercise 4 ), klik : Words Transformation ( Exercise 4 ).
Untuk melihat Words Transformation ( Exercise 5 ), klik : Words Transformation ( Exercise 5 ).


2 comments:

  1. Muntaha
    1. It is opinion of scientists that the earth is
    getting warmer
    2. The train is cheaper than the coach
    3. You are enough young to get married
    4. I won't go to the cinema unless Lia too
    5. You'd better don't go out tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. It is believed by scientists that the Earth is getting warmer
    2. The train is not cheaper than the coach
    3. You are not enough age to get married
    4. I won't go to the cinema unless Lisa does too
    5. You'd better you don't go out tonight

    ReplyDelete